Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Time to Take a Few Steps Back and Evaluate

I like writing. Really, I do! I just don't write every day. I can't, because I just don't feel like it. I write write write through a whole manuscript, then take a few weeks off to recharge and remember what's important in my life. I teach at a university, so I have long breaks. Right now I'm in the middle of one of my long breaks, and since I work so hard during the semesters and write at the same time, I figured it'd be nice to take some time off from writing at the same time I have no classes.

We've got a full-length novel manuscript out right now to beta-readers, and we've already gotten some valuable feedback. Right now another novel plot is brewing in our minds, but I'm not in any rush. Besides, it's Lent, a time to slow down and reflect on my own life, to put things into perspective, to make sure priorities remain priorities.

I just wanted to say "hi" to all our friends and fans, since we've not had an online presence for a few weeks now. We'll be back from April, so keep reading and writing, everyone, and have a good time! In the meantime, I'll...

be braiding hair,

teaching her how to cradle her brown baby,

taking pictures of her whenever she poses,

enjoying her desserts,

fighting off zombies and dragons with her,

remembering my Mama,

teaching my daughters to pray,

and admiring the most beautiful face I've ever seen.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh-- my daughters had a brown baby. The preschool housekeeping area had one and my twin daughters talked about the brown baby all the time. So they both got one for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...